Saturday, November 12, 2005

Poker Update

I won $100 even at The Mill, in North Bend, two weeks ago, Wednesday. Just a few days ago, I won a little over $150 at The Mill. Both times, playing 4-8.

Today, in San Pablo, I made $20 something in 6-12, and then promptly lost $100 in some NL with pocket queens. Later, I went to The Oaks, and won forty something in 6-12, before then losing $200 in 15-30. Nuthin I could have done either. $200 is not enough to start a 15-30 game. I figure, $100 is perfect for 3-6. Its just enough to take a two or so,bad beats, and allows you to chase a hand once in a while. I say, with this formula, its sets an amount to win with also. And at the Oaks, I just couldn't catch any cards.

Then, just now, I finished a 9 seat Sit-n-Go (single table tournament). I was patient and wasn't in many hands for the first half hour. Then, two guys are out, then another. I catch a few cards, win some chips, and now its down to four of us. I felt good, but was thinking I was going to have to get comfortable and do some waiting again, when low and behold, my Q-J sees a J-J-Q flop. Chip leader bets heavy into me. I wait a few seconds, maybe five total, then call. Nect card is an Ace. Chip leader bets heavy. I chill. Waited maybe half a minute, and called. River comes, and he goes all in. He had a pair of aces. That was nice.

The final two dudes busted out in mostly non-exciting fashion. I did win it with pocket queens though. Net gain, $225.

No comments: