Friday, September 30, 2005

Poker, Pizza, Politics and a Taco Salad


Last night I jumped into an online $100 buy in tourney. With 50 something total entrants, the competition was stiff. I've certainly noticed, the higher the buy in, always, the better the players. At the 2 hour turning point, there were 12 people left and I was in fourth place. I think I got tired and a little soft. I took 12th. I would detail the downfall, but it all happened so fast. Some speculation, and some overplayed medium hands. Oh well.

Again though, I have somehow turned it around. An hours worth of work at an online 5-10 table netted me $176 this morning.

In other news, I have discovered not only the best pizza I have ever had, but also maybe the best cup of coffee I have ever experienced. B.C. Pizza deserves much props. Super quick delivery, non-greasy, and all fresh vegatables do not say enough about how this place has it right. They also have a great taco salad. ( I need my ruffage, ok?!!)
Another place worth visiting if ever in this neck of the woods, is Java Joes. Joe will hook you up. And he's a heckuva cool guy, willing to shoot the breeze about anything. We discussed California, his local politics (he's on the county board, I think he said) and just how great this area is.

I don't think I can really fully describe just how relaxed this whole area really is. Perhaps its the time of year, after the tourist season, and with the weather still enjoyable. Either way, I highly recommend stoping in one day. I know I will certainly be back.

Here forward, I plan to hit up Kewadin Shores once more for thier Sat. noon poker tourny, and then its westbound. I'm not sure if I can get to Minneapolis/St.Paul in half a day or not. Another option is to check out an 'ol high school bud who is now living it up Wisconsin style.

For the rest of the day, I'm leaning towards ... staring out the window for a while.

And then, I dunno, maybe around 3 or so, I think I'll grab a mocha and see what Joe is up to.

No comments: