Friday, September 30, 2005

Squirrel Surfing


As I was sitting, watching the shore break, it dawned on me. Was this shoreline any more or less beautiful than Waikiki? I was there last summer, and yes, with no question, outright righteous.

True, there were even more wonderous parts of Hawaii. To compare I could not even begin to do simply due to these, as I have outlined:

1. Such same peace of mind
2. Same people I am comfortable with. i.e. love of sports, weather, geography, points of interest, etc.
3. Clean streets
4. Clean buildings
5. A few nice looking elligible, potentional, participants for my woman-looking-for-as-a-le-pardneroess, list.
6. All necessary hardware/grocery needs one could ever need
7. Clean water
8. A natural surrounding that is unparallel to anything I have seen before.

However the surf is smaller here. It is surf, no question. In fact there is this break, just off the road, north of the Comfort Inn, its a perfect a smoothy-righty, if say you were a squirrel. I've seen dogs surf. And a squirrel water ski actually.

The waves do not seem to be constant though. I figure, they must primarily be either wind or boat initiated.
The clarity of the water also took me by surprise. All the great lakes are huge. And, well, they are called great. It is surprising to me how such a mass stays so clean. I guess its just me, and seeing the Pacific so often. All places I have scoped out the clarity of the ocean, ranging from Rosarita, Mexico to Seattle, Washington, is nothing but a greenish... mostly greenish that is, to blueish, soupy mix of salt and thousands of years of tiny dead things. Not that its gross. I'll swim in any of it. Well, except for, right near Tiajuana. F that. (As I've recently been taught to say) Nonetheless, not so clear really. Mostly Non-scubable.
Here it is clear.


But there are also huge islands, very close to shore. It appears at night, as if all are also thier own town. Boat traffic is very light throughout the day, and every day. Just a small fishing community actually. There is a small tide that comes in and out each day. No more than a rise and fall of a few feet at most. Some shores are just large, round, smooth, stones. Mostly grey, with some tans in the bunch. Some other shores are cliffs, of the same shades. Mostly limestone I believe. The rest, highly hardened bedrock. I could be wrong about the composition though. I'm not a geoligist.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Actually, thats not true. But I did stay next door to a Holiday Inn last night. What if I stayed here for a year? Just roamed the lakes in my ocean going like vessel. High captain of the open seas. Without all the risk of the real seas. Sounds great. Sign me up. I'd like a jet ski too please.

I may. I might.
If I continue to win money, why not? Maybe get a job, maybe not.
Watch cartoons all day, on my 70foot yacht...

Right now though, I can imagine those squirrels have a great time.

No comments: