Saturday, December 02, 2006

When in Doubt


From just the other morning on the way into work, I snapped this one, looking just over the roof of the Glasgow Store.

I have been in doubt about what to post, since my routine is so ordinary lately.

And I like pretty pictures. Dustin believes in barns covered by snow. Billy believes in the children. They are our future, and are here to replace us, eventually. I here in Oregon, believe in a sunrise.

I would also like to point out, a barn merely holds hay. Maybe some mangy farm animals as well. A sunrise however, holds the promise of a new day. The embarking upon new things. Kids and sunrises are the coolest. Barns are...well, not as cool as Billy and me :]

As for real news, Brandon and Sage both get the congrats for their new sons, Elijah and Mordicai respectively.

Therefore, 2 more votes for kids and sunrises.

5 comments:

jungle jim said...

i'm with you dude, in fact my plans for the blog running into the next year and beyond consist entirely of pictures w/ an occasional update. hell maybe i'll incorporate a child/sunset picture in there somewhere just to blow everyone's socks off

Dustin Dwyer said...

Hey hey hey now. Let's not forget that barns, and the farms pictured with them, bring the promise of bounty, of food to sustain us, to fill our stomachs and allow us to continue enjoying each and every sunrise.

And also, the kind of sunrise you have pictured really only serves to give sailors warning.

But man, you want to really talk award-winning photography... did you see the picture of me holding a can of salt? That was awesome.

Me said...

that WAS beautiful salt, and never... just plain never, have I ever seen a finer, uncooked turkey.

But, I must contend, your photo-barn was not really bubbling over with cornicopian-nutrition. No horses, no pigs, not even a yard goat.

I believe it was a mood-piece only. A depiction of the cold, lonely at times, yet ever-perseverant nature of the mid-Michigan region.

Gritty and tough, but perhaps not so lush with fruits and labor...in any event, I actually liked your barn-ish image though. It harkens me back to a day when snow was a daily winter encounter.

One day in the future, when the salt mines have all gone dry, and we live in a Mad-Max beyond Thunderdome kind of way, I will perhaps write on about how wonderful and desirous salt was. I'm sure we will all agree that we squandered our salt. And, all we now have left, are the hand-held pictures of a local, Detroit-area salt supplier.
At least you sir, were able to hold in your fists, if for only a short time (and all we have, is a short time, in a galactic sense) that very salt we crave (in a strictly future sense).

Dustin Dwyer said...

man, you said it, bro.

That salt is the salt of the earth.

I got some photos I should post next, though they technically came from work. GM just opened a big new crash test facility just for testing rollovers.

So they had this big grand opening event with a bunch of reporters. I got to see them launch a brand new Buick Rainier (retail: $32k) onto its side at 44mph. Sometimes I really love my job.

Me said...

holy crap!! That sounds pretty dam cool.

Sometimes, I really envy your job.

If you need any satellite reporters to check out vehicles rolling over in the futre, I'm your man.