Thursday, January 05, 2006

Good Bye, Good Friend


Yesturday was the day.
The day me and an old friend departed ways. Many good times were had together... Tahoe, Santa Cruz, Oregon. But sometimes, you need to trim the hedges, to allow the landscape to flourish.

Indeed, I sold the Tundra.
And yes, I cried. But only a little bit.

Anyways, I'm going to Hawaii, and I don't need a truck anymore. At least not a big, huge, no-seat-recliner type. It was like sitting in the bleachers of a football game. For 69 thousand miles.

And, now that the Top Ten is done, I can update other current events as well.

Saw a possum tonight, right in the backyard of my dad's house. I'm not sure what the county Animal Control recommends, but I do remember my uncle Mike grabbing the .22 and rifling one from about 30 yards when I was younger. I think I had to bury it. No great love lost though. I believe they carry many potenial diseases. My dad had already gone to bed when the witnessing took place. We'll need to have a roundtable tomorrow.

In poker news, I have jumped back into action. I played only a couple tourneys after Christmas, and just a few more since new years. Not much luck in any, other than one $10 single table victory, but not enough of a win to cover the other entries.

Then, today, I played three seperate $5 multi-table events. I bombed out hecka early in them all. So, to avenge the loss, I entered a $5 heads-up (1 vs. 1). I figured I could use the practice. And whaddya know. Bingo. Winner.
Then, after dinner, I tried another $5 heads-up. Bingo. Winner.
And, after watching some of "Brothers Grimm" (not that great btw) I went for one last heads up event, this time for $10. Bingo. Winner.

Each took about an hour. So, they were not quickies by any means. But I think I have realized my betting techniques needs to vary more, when I play the full table, or multi-table events.

So, that's it. I'm sticking around Merced untill Wednesday of next week. And then, FINALLY, this time for real, I'm really, truly heading back to Oregon to finish granny's loft. I know she think's I'm a flake. But I shall reward her with an awesome, high-class bathroom, fit for a four star hotel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

au revoir...did you get a good price? what's next? the Aztec? :) The expectation is that pictures are posted to prove that you are in Oregon in the to-be 4 star hotel.
Happy new year.

Me said...

naw, I see myself on a scooter, bombing around the big island, big kahuna style.

Yes, Oregon pictures, will be forthcoming.