Sunday, October 30, 2005

Santa's Rain Men

To the left you will notice one fine photo of a pebble stone creek, just as it is about to run into the sea. I found this place only few miles south of Lincoln City, Oregon.
By the way, this is a KO. (Kirk Original)

The weather has been chilly, and overcast for days now. If I didn't know better, I would be stuck in California mode, and expect rays of sunshine to break out any minute. However, for the benefit of those who have not experienced an Oregon coast winter let me just say this, coastal Oregonians had might as well live at the North Pole. Just as Santa and his elves have 6 months of daylight followed by 6 months of midnight, the Oregon coast has 6 months of consistant, daily rainfall and/or drizzle. It is starting just about now. Awesome.

So, to make do, I have signed up for a bathroom construction project.

My grandma's house here, has a detached garage/loft. As kids this is where we played indoor soccer, indoor football, and refereed the smaller kids (some more voluntary than others) in annual 4th of July WWF wrestling matches. I think I may have even experienced my first french kiss up there with some girl we met in town that summer... in any event, the place is stock full of adolescent memories. So, then, when the opportunity presented itself for me to do something that would improve the place, I jumped at it.

Long story short, I'll be installing a tiled shower, your basic toilet/sink standards, and putting together most, if not all of the plumbing and finished electrical work. It's my baby, and this baby needs a new jumpsuit. I'm sure I'll post a few pics of the progress, as time goes by.

I stated in a previous post, I will be publishing a Best Of/Worst Of list here soon. As a sneak preview, I have the following:


Kirk's 2005 Roadtrip BEST OF - WORST OF List

Best Baseball Venue: Comerica Park - Detroit, MI
Worst Baseball Venue: Tiger Stadium - Detroit, MI

Best downtown skyline - Chicago
Most Unsightly downtown skyline - Salt Lake City

Best sofa sleeper - Garret's house
Worst sofa sleeper - Garrets house after his son Kenyan barfed on it

Best radio station - Minnesota Public Radio
Worst radio station - All stations in North Dakota, Montana & Idaho.

to be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about best scenic road? best bar? best local beer? best pickup joint? oh so many things...